June 7, 2010

Sara's Savannah


Sara Norris of Adamsville, TN created this amazing Savannah.  Sara's style is part heirloom, part afternoon tea and all girl. 


You can really see the Savannah in this Savannah!  Sara even added an extra ruffle on the ruffle.

To create this added ruffle on the ruffle seam line and also on the bloomers, Sara cut 1" bias strips and gathered them down the center and attached to Savannah's ruffle and on the back of the bloomers.  Can you just see your toddler in this?




Sara used a Swiss pima cotton for most of Savannah but used a pre-tucked voile for the bodice.  On the bodice she also added a bit of tatting and a mother-of-pearl button.

Sara says, "I just have to say that you do a wonderful job on your patterns. the instructions were great, all very easy to follow and I was thrilled with the result!!!"



"I have two granddaughters, 15 months and 1 year, that I was thinking of when I came up with this. I thought this would be precious for beach photos."

Thank you, Sara, for your inspiration!

1 comment:

  1. thank you for blogging about this little set!!! It was truly a delight to work on. such a fun project!!!

    ReplyDelete